Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Newspaper in the Internet Age

The problem with newspapers is that I do not care about the news. Why would I read a paper that I have to pay for, about something that I don't even care about? I don't care about the news because I think its depressing. It almost always talks about war, someone who died, and other things like that. Then it goes to sports and I don't really watch or follow any sports, so there's another reason I don't care for the news. I do not care what happens in someplace on the other side of the world.
 The great thing about the internet is that you can do anything on it. You can network with friends as you play a game. You can, if you want, read the news for free or check sport scores for free. And the internet is free itself. The internet has whatever you want. You can watch movies and videos or buy anything from the comfort of your home. Its like magic because it has the entire world inside a small box and screen.
 People argue that our generation doesn't read, but I beg to differ. My sister and I both have a lot of books we have both have read multiple times. I can't speak for the rest for the youth of America, but we read so that's not true for my family. So to recap the newspaper sucks, the internet rocks and people who say we don't read, well that's only true half the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment