Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Court System.

So I went to court today. I woke up at 6:35 am, got dressed and drove to the courthouse. When we got there, the line swooped up and down. We waited for 30 minutes until we finally got to the metal detectors. From there, we went up the elevator to the fourth floor. I checked in at the door and walked inside. At this point I had some anxiety but was numb to the feeling. I talked to the bailiff (a bailiff is a guard to the court room), he was a tall man, that was very muscular. We then waited about another hour for the judge to arrive. From there, they went down the list of people. Then an attorney called my name to talk about my case. I was lucky enough to have the charges dropped to an infraction (a ticket). Then the judge finally called my name, I went up with the attorney and pleaded 'no contest' (meaning, you're guilty but it can't be used against you in civil court). I ended up only paying $40 with a warning from the judge to be careful. I thanked everyone and drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment